5.21.2008

Mo' Mixy - Hip-Hop Summer Edition

This mix is another commissioned piece: I was supposed to put together some rap cos I'm street like for days. It's known that I can be trusted with some serious hip-hop business: "serious as cancer", if you believe Eric B & Rakim (not that Eric B- he's never to be trusted).

Here is the ZIP with all the tracks in it; see below for some of the tracks as solo mp3s.
It Was A Birth Day / Pretty Rave Girls


Lady Don't Tek No * Latyrx
It Was A Good Day * Ice Cube
Hip Hop Hooray (Extended Mix) * Naughty By Nature
Oooh (Feat. Redman) * De La Soul
GlockNines * Jigga and Beanie Sigel
Knight Rider Duo * Busta Rhymes Vz Timberland
I Ain't No Joke * Eric B & Rakim
Juicy * Notorious B.I.G.
I'm A Flirt * R. Kelly f. T.I. & T.Pain
Phreek The Beet * Beans
Hey Mami * FannyPack
Elephant Message * Elephant Man
Pretty Rave Girl * Princess (of Crime Mob)

This one is good for when people are still showing up to the birthday party. Some hip-hop to put a smile on your face. Some of these tracks are well-known, too, so you can play them before people are well-settled into dancing or heavy conversations. "Flirt?": You Know It. Ice Cube?: He's Your Boy from back in the day (highschool). No-No-Notorious? Yeah, he's notorious , he's big.



Conrad and I have rapped like half the lines from the Biggie song together. WE DON'T SAY THE N-WORD tho ALL RIGHT? Oddly, when I try to rap my favorite line from this, I end up lisping, but the thing is, when B.I.G. raps, he lisps, but when I lithsp it out, it soundth real off. AW NUTZH!
'Birthdays was the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirsty'.

I like how Kells will still have jokes about being a pervert on his tracks, even though he is currently in court for charges of being a pervert. Here, T.I. says he's going to peek up your girlfriend's skirt.
That reminds me- on my Flickr account, i named this picture 'upskirt', because, funny enough ("funny funny" not "funny ha ha"), that's what it looks like dudes trying to do. Immediately it got over 70 hits! Because other dudes (well, probably that guy too) search Flickr for that types a stuff. Still, easy, my most-viewed picture...




Now some of the solo tracks, although, honestly, you should download the whole mix. I laid just the right tracks down, and they are meticuously ordered, and so on and so forth. SO grab the whole ZIP if you know what's good fer ya.



Beans, who used to be part of Anti-Pop Consortium, bringing those rhymes that are so "magnanimous, magnificent, spit meticulous: so nice, these beats help old ladies cross the street"
Beans - Phreek the Beat

All the clerks wanna offer you help, old folks compliment your style/
Little children wanna jump in your lap, girl I wanna do that myself
That's a lil' charmer coming from Lyrics Born of Latyrx:
Latyrx - Lady Don't Tek No

Redman drops in De La Soul's Studio some summer, and we get this party number:
De La Soul - Oooh (Feat. Redman)

Yet more summertime business, but this time we on the stoop, hollerin' at some young things.
FannyPack - Hey Mami

Odd almost Soca track from Elephant Man, who looks more or less like this



all the time. I'm warning you: Don't just GoogleSearch 'elephant man'.
Elephant Man - Elephant Message

Last solo mp3: Princess, of Crime Mob, from her recent 'we're gonna call it a mixtape for cred, but it's really just a normal album' called "Class Is In Session"'.
Princess (of Crime Mob) - Pretty Rave Girl

So that's your newest mix- summery rap cuts, just in time for the weather to maybe stop being really really rotten. Really.

No comments: