12.10.2008

If I have to Walk, I'm a get There just the Same - Wilbert Harrison goes to Kansas City

It's been a while, hasn't it. Chomping at the bit again, I'm sure. Here's a 'your new favorite song' to hold you over until I drop some serious mixes *plop* right in your lap.



There are about 5 in post-production right now (all in the "AMX" series which I mentioned); a long-finished mix called "Pretty Pretty Songs" that even a grizzled homeless guy would like; and a more recently accomplished mix in a series called "SHOWER JAMZ!" (yes, it must be in all caps- you'll grasp the enormity of it all, which requires decisive use of graphic effects, in not too long).

But for now, a little ditty by Wilbert Harrison:



...Download Wilbert Harrison's lil' corker of a tune, Kansas City...

I originally heard this song on a tape of old rock business. Don't think I'm faking, please: tapes are not picked over at Goodwills e.g., to the high degree that vinyl is. This would be a moot point, except I was at the time cruising around Portland, OR, in a car with a tape deck (and a SUNROOF boom! and red blam! and a goddamned SPOILER!). So I dug around a bit in the tape bins, and now that I think about it, that was the beginning of me listening to oldiesrock.



So, lucky me and lucky you: sunroof = tapes = Wilbert Harrison.


...Download Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City...


No comments: