2.20.2009

We got 'A Thing' going on...

Whoa, Okay, Hey, Yeah-
been busy celebrating Black History Month; too busy to bust out songs for you.
But here's one. Billy Paul sings that ol' chestnut "Mrs. Jones" (which you can stream way below). But here he asks the pressing question, "Am I Black Enough For You?". (I query myself the same, often: that's how I stay on top of it- and yeah, that's a download up there)




Download Billy Paul's "Am I Black Enough For You?".


Billy Paul will do some scat-style singing at times; you even catch a bit of that in "Mrs. Jones". "...meeeee,eeeee, me, me and miss-'n'misssssesss Joooonesss..." (listen to it- it's just like that!)
Now, I'll be honest, Billy- I find that shit a little annoying. BUT you avoid all annoying, all together, on "Am I Black Enough For You?", and I thank you for that.
Both these tracks, by the way, are on "360 Degrees of Billy Paul", which is the cover presented here. Dude's from Philly too:I got this album on Broad Street, at The Official Philadelphia International Records memorabilia and Album Selling Place, located here:



Digitally, it is located here.

Here's "Mrs. Jones", which is a serious cut in its own right.


Ah, Billy, that really hit the spot. I owe you one.


"You're welcome!"

No comments: