11.21.2009

Serious Serial Vol. 1: Decisive

Lots of news on my end. Really important stuff has been going down, such as:
New Toilet and Toilet-related Environs!
New Records!
New Books!
New Lifestyle: watching movies!
----- I'll be talking about these in a two-part installment. Exciting, this serial blog action, correct? -----



(download Willie Hutch: "Get Ready For the Get Down" )

The above Willie Hutch track, or jam I should say, is in the vein of the Supafly and Black Caesar jams I posted back a little bit. (back a bit'tle?) It's from his album, "Mark of the Beast" (nice title...)
But on the toilet front (even though this song is decicedly and decisvely NON-TOILET), I got a new toilet the other day. Mine was cracked... don't know how. But now I am repainting my bathroom, which means that we have to say goodbye to the bathroom art.
No more classic chalk line-drawings, a la the Lascaux caves.

At one point, the above drawing morphed into the one below...


Here is Jeffrey's thoughful contribution:

Like normal Jeffrey Stuff, it appears to be merely scatological. Now, it is that, but it also has other aims: The Eternal Question, "Why do 'I' Exist?" has been thoughtfully integrated into the three headed Penis Monster. Thus, the Penis Monster has achieved its own species of eternity.

Willie Hutch has achieved his own species of eternity, through sampling. He's been amply sampled by West Coast hip-hop producers; horns, a little swagger and swing, a lightly dark cinematic feel. Tracks called stuff like "Vampin'" and "Mack's Stroll". If I were a producer, I'd be into it. He wrote songs all over the place; he partly wrote the Jackson 5's "I'll Be There", which is so very a stone cold classic. (If I were a jungle producer, I would have sampled a little of The 5, and lots and lots of Diana Ross and the Supremes; just getting that out there.)

Roughly on the topic of me being a producer (I would be so good at it: true, obvious- I'd be decisive, you see?)-
There is one more, as-of-this-moment final AMX mix in the pipeline. It is giving you the soulful tunes a la Pulp Fiction. Soul comes in two varieties here: sad old country and soul jams. Quick heads-up: James Brown, Ricky Nelson, Dionne Warwick, Al Green, and of course, my recent favorite, Jerry Butler. It'll devastate ya; decisively, naturally.

No comments: