5.25.2010

Li'l Breezy- Summer on my Mind

Another selection offa that "Summer Showerz" mix.
This one is the Isley Brothers, who I have been ultragillin' as of late. Charlie and I are a two-man fan-club.



Oh yes, now that you mention it, this is a cover of Seals and Croft's "summer breeze", but this version is much better. Better, I say, than that yacht-rot version. Who would you trust to tell you about summer, these guys



or these chumps


(that's called a 'rhetorical question', because I already know the answer. Since I know all answers, does that make all questions rhetorical, when posed by me?
HA, tricked you: the above was also a rhetorical question BOOM)



The above is a representation of what this mix is like: all laid back 'vibez'. The Isely Brothers' song is a good li'l snapshot of the general feel of the mix as well.
Just a reminder, here is the tracklisting for this really stellar, star-studded mix.

Summer Showerz: LoveLeigh Days

Summer Madness ~O~ Kool & the Gang
Reunion ~O~ Bobbie Gentry
Maggie May ~O~ Rod Stewart
Summertime ~O~ Billy Stewart
Spirit In The Sky ~O~ Norman Greenbaum
Party Lights ~O~ Claudine Clark
In the Summertime ~O~ Mungo Jerry
If Not For You ~O~ Olivia Newton John
Summer Breeze ~O~ Isley Brothers
Two Tickets To Paradise ~O~ Eddie Money
I Fought The Law ~O~ Bobby Fuller Four
Summer ~O~ War

Summer Showerz: LoveLeigh Days

Now, I stand by my comments above (about the waybetterness of IBs over S&C), but I will let you in on a li'l secret that undermines that claim:
Croft goes by the first name of DASH.
Jus' sayin'.
(although his real name is Darrell, so, you see, right???)

No comments: