8.27.2008

Rippity-Do-Da

Recently, I got a shit-ton of records. So many that I haven't even gotten to listen to most of them yet. And books: always records, always books...

I am throwing up some titles here to wet your whistles
(or is it 'whet', like you whet an appetite? ANSWERS, SIRS)
for the upcoming 'madness lacking badness'.
I will take something and talk about it sooner, if you make a please-and-thank-you request. Just holler, hit me up, or harangue me:
I make things happen, ya know?





Oh, those? Those are some shoes of mine. Quick Facts about the shoes:
They say best on them 7 (seven) times. 7x on EACH shoe. (Does that clarify who the best around here is?)
They are from a martial arts academy. (I can kill you with my feet in these shoes.)
They make me look like a ninja; this probably is related to the above.
They are too small (this helps with the Ninja-look), and since they are black (Ninja-black), they look really really tiny.
They have no laces.
They did have laces.
But I took them out. I like to customize (it's called Ghetto Fab-rication!)

Oh yes, the records.....

These ones have been put on the hard-drive already.

Lou Rawls: Soulin'
Lou Rawls: Sit Down and Talk To Me



Chubby Checker and DeeDee Sharp: Down To Earth

Bad Brains: Live (Thanks PUNKROCK FLEAMARKET!)

Aretha Franklin: The First Twelve Sides (i.e. the first twelve songs she released!)

X-Terminator Selections: BOOM Reggae Hits Volume 4



25 Great Country Music Artists Singing Their Famous Original Hits (that is a lot of adjectives for an album title). Stone Cold Classics: Bobby Bare, Patsy, Cash, Owens, Williams, and some lesser-known folks: Johnny Bond, Lefty Frizzell, Pee Wee King, Kitty Wells, Tex Ritter... don't the names give you a little taste of THE GOODNESS you have coming your way?

Commodores: All the Greatest Hits

To-Be-Ripped:
Melissa Manchester: Hey Ricky (eighties pop with a pretty lady)

Luke: Work It Out! (a 12", from Luke of 2 Live Crew. this will be epic! 4 different mixes! Clean and dirty!)

Hank Snow: The Old and Great Songs (old country business: titles include "Brand on my Heart", "In Memory of You Dear Old Pal" [his horse maybe?], "My Sweet Texas Blue Bonnet Queen", "Let's Pretend", and "Wanderin' On")

Spandau Ballet: Through the Barricade (under these stones, the sea)

Deborah Washington: Any Way You Want It



Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, read by T.S Eliot (Whuh? I am really not sure either. But let's all admit that we are excited to hear the track titled "Growltiger's Last Stand", and let's all try to be patient too)

Motown Story: Some very well-known songs off of Motown, but the twist: there are historical introductions to the songs, and !THE REAL ORIGINAL ARTISTS! talking between songs! Stevie Wonder talks about getting discovered! Marvin Gaye sounds like a nerd when he's chatting about the ladeez!)

Trammps: no title (OMC OMC OMC OMC a philly disco act. SIGMA SOUNDS represent! This cost 4x what I normally pay and I barely cared! So hott they had to name themselves The Trammps! Two Ms = Too Much!)*

Jean-Patrick Capdevielle: Planet X (this is the other Frenchman who will be dueling soon with Pierre Rapsat! Excellent: Get Psyched for some Franco-Epicness!)



*OMC - Oh My Chris - is my new replacement for OMG. For an explanation, see here.

Here is one more ME picture. It's my bathroom; the newest edition to the chalk art we have been throwing up there for months.



Okay. See you soon: in the bathroom.

1 comment:

Doctor J said...

You gots some real good stuff here. Stay golden, Pony Boy.

Also, check this out.