9.15.2008

Balds Have More FUN

Okay All right Hey:
I had a good, fine, wonderful day yesterday.
You couldn't be there- sad sad- so I am going to share good, fine, wonderful and fun music with you instead. FUN FUN!



First is a jangly little number (or, "lil' nummer") from an old old country group called the Carlisles.
You can tell they are old two ways:
they are a whole family,
and Chris Ruth has heard of them,
and even approves somewhat.
("They're no Stanley Brothers though, I tell you what.")

Download it here, after you have streamed it below:
The Carlisles - Rattlin' Daddy.mp3




FUN FUN!: I got a free coffee drink coupon, just because they forgot to warm up my pretzel! OH BOOHOO I had to wait about 45 seconds more! That coupon? Oh, it's worth like 5 bucks, because it says ANY COFFEE DRINK which means that motherfucker be gettin a Milkshake or somethin.


Here is a lovely little summer jam (it is still summer, despite the pants you wore the other night, even though you were dancing, dancing on the very highest floor, on the very highest floor of a gay biker disco)


Oh, I love this song: The Spinners "I'll Be Around".

FUN FUN!: Banana Republic made me look really good in the mirrors. I think it was all in the eyes: the bright fluoro lights made my eyes look different. Different from the beady black little spots that they are, so I looked less like a snake or a rat. Or a cockroach.
(I have to shop there, okay?- for professional clothes, like.)

FUN FUN!: I shopped all day in earnest and didn't have to spend any money!

Download The Dells - Wear it on our Face.mp3

Or, be stupid and just watch the Youtube video here:




Yesterday was so FUN FUN! that even today is FUN FUN!: I just saw not one but two parrots on one guy, and brian pointed out- the first parrot was fine- the second is just showing off: sheer hubris.

Here's one you would've heard at my house Friday:

The Whispers - Love Machine.mp3. Serious Booty disco madness.
"I'm just a love machine, and I won't work for nobody but you"!





Go ahead. Enjoy yourself: have some FUN FUN! with these songs.
Make a roommate play them while you take a shower in the morning. Play them when your anti-depressants run out. You know, so on and so on.

No comments: