10.13.2008

Narcissistic Revelations

Or, NarciCHRIStic RevelAWESOMEs. Take your pick.
In a former post, I revealed to you my divinity. (It was of world-historical import. But trans-historical, too.)

As was said about me in Oscar Wilde's 'Salome', "When he cometh the solitary places shall be glad. They shall blossom like the rose. The eyes of the blind shall see the day, and the ears of the deaf shall be opened. The sucking child shall put his hand upon the dragon's lair, he shall lead the lions by their manes."



Here are some of the first fruits of my new rule over man and beast.

A MIX! (the opening of ears!)

NarciCHRIStic RevelAWESOME.zip

TRACKLISTING =--=


I Wanna Be Adored>> The Stone Roses>> The Complete Stone Roses

I Am Pentagon>> The Make-Up>> Untouchable Sound—Live

New Morning>> Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds>> Tender Prey

More Than This>> Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music>> Street Life

(It Will Have To Do) Until The Real Thing Comes Along>> Wibert Harrison>> An Introduction To Wilbert Harrison

Didn't I>> The Delphonics>> WIBG 99

I Am Mister Big Stuff>> Jimmy Hicks

Me Myself And I>> De La Soul>> 3 Feet High And Rising

9 Lashes (When Michael Smacks Lucifer)>> Vast Aire>> Look Mom...No Hands

Touched by the Hand of God>> New Order>> Salvation Original Sdtk

Y.T.T.E. (Yield to Total Elation)>> Matmos>> The Civil War

My Week Beats Your Year>> Telefon Tel Aviv

U Don't Know Me>> Armand Van Helden

Bunk Trunk Skunk>> Be Your Own Pet>> Be Your Own Pet

Time of the Season (Zombies cover)>> Snowden

JUSTIFICATION of Tracklist:

So this mix came out of the attempt to put together a series of songs having to do with revelations, prophets, etc. But as a ran through some CDs, I also started thinking about the monumental narcissism of proclaiming myself as the Second (although Secular) Coming.
I have no problem with my monumental narcissism; it's just something I noticed.
So out of that mix (coming later) came this series of songs, which combines my posturing and my awesome nature.

The Stone Roses are British, and British rock bands often have God-complexes. Remember Oasis, and how they claimed to be as big as the Beatles? And remember how the Beatles said they were bigger than Jesus?



My Divinity has been geometrically demonstrated, according to Spinoza's mos gemetricos. Turns out the damn thing's a Pentagon! Who'd've thunk it?

There's nothing more than this [this=me].

And even if there IS something more than me, it ain't here yet, is it? So you'll have to wait, then, until the real thing comes along.

With that clear, irrefutable reasoning just then- didn't it just blow your mind?

Either that, or it only makes sense to me. Maybe I'm a little 'touched'...
TOUCHED BY THE HAND OF GOD more like it! (!zing!)

Plus, I went to RUBA this weekend -Before Sunday!- then back to mine. Proof positive that "My Week Beats Your Year".

And if I'm not JC Jr., then certainly Armand Van Helden is. That guy... I mean that guy, he invented speed garage, made guitars work in house music (mixed blessings, that), etc. He made a Tori Amos song cool- if that's not magical power, then what is?

We'll just close out this justification with some lyrics from the final song by the Zombies



(but our version is a cover by Atlanta's Snowden):

"What's your name?
Who's your daddy?
Is he rich like me?

Has he taken
Any time
To show you what you need to live?
Tell it to me slowly
Tell you what?
I really want to know..."


Wait, wasn't Jesus a Zombie too?


T H E C I R C L E I S C L O S E D

No comments: