4.17.2009

So I was talking with this Clown...

Really guys! I was!

There was a guy sitting in his car outside my house, putting on pancake makeup, while I was ripping new songs from new vinyl*. He got all dressed up, in full clown makeup and a tux and a Phillies (2008 World Champions) hat.
Later, he asked me "How do I get back to the real world?".
He wasn't high, or crazy (unlike some clowns...).
What he meant was, "How do I get back to Center City?".

One of the tracks I got today was this, which, due to the combination of its greatness (you gotsta listen to it) and its non-obvious nature, proves that I am a Wax Witch, which is like a water witch, but with records. I am basically a vinyl sleuth.



Meeting In The Ladies Room - Klymaxx

I am pretty sure that they were having clown tryouts at the studios across from my house today, because later, I saw a young kid go in, carrying clothes from the dry cleaners and a suitcase.
(See, I've deduced that he was a clown, because kids don't have dry-cleaning! Elementary, my dear whoever you are.)
I am really hoping that the 'case had some serious, even-better-than-Conrad-style magic tricks in it.


* Today, I got more Billy Paul; in fact, this album


a soundtrack (to the movie Perfect, which we've never seen, but has Jamie Lee Curtis and John Travolta, when he was till dancing) which has on it: a Jackson, the Pointer Sisters, the Thompson Twins (brothers, not sisters), Wham!, Whitney Houston, and ,,uh,, Lou Reed.

Also, Sonny & Cher (better than you think, balee' dat),
a 12" single by Snap,
a 45 called "Folk Attick Presents:--", which a little lacking in the soul department, because they are British, and this is from when 'folk' meant "Negro Folk Music" (as the sleeve says), meaning the blues. British people didn't grasp the blues until like the 60's- hell, they didn't learn to rap until AFTER the French.
an epic album called !Magician's Hat! by Bo Hansson


and Charlie Rich (AKA "The Silver Fox"), which used to belong to Cuyahoga County Library, of Cleveland Ohio: not kidding! It was Dewey Decimal'ed as M783.7 R37SI, if you don't believe me.

And, as stated, the single for THE ABOVE SONG: Klymaxxx "Meeting in the Ladies Room".
I've been sleuthing around for that track for a bit now. It was on an mp3 mix (?Diplo? perchance), which means that I didn't know who it was.
She says at one point, "Don't slap me: I'm not in the mood".
Huh? I dunno: this song is confusing. For instance, it appears to not be about cocaine, which you might think, but about man-stealing. But ((CONFUSING!)) she then leaves her man alone while she has a conference (in the Ladies Room) with her girls about it? Eh, maybe it is about coke. Ask Conrad about it?, two weeks to the day.

No comments: