5.12.2009

Children in Bars 'n' Drivers in Cars

Today is nice, so I will tell you a (nice) story from the other nice day.


Young Turks - Rod Stewart

{{ This song is just great. I'm thinking I'll play on my BBC Essential Mix, when I am finally a world-befamed DJ. }}

First, let's just state, forthrightly and with feeling, that I saw extra clowns.

Not only are clowns notable as such, but the first one was outside of a bar, getting ready to do her thing.
Of course, since she's a clown, she's got a bunch of kids around her, all ready for balloons and jokes and smiles and BEER i guess, because it is a bar after all. Also, clowns=fun and beer=fun, so Beery the Cheery Clown must be FUNfunFUN.


I also saw a few clownish things:
Outside of Rob's comic shop, I saw a giant inflatable HULK ( ! Hulk Smash ! ), so I went in and said Hello to him.

I later saw a giant inflatable cross, with a nipple on it --IT'S ART : DON'T HAVE A COW MAN!!-- that was printed with the pattern of a Holstein cow.

I did a clownish thing: while walking out of Old City Coffee, I hooked the handle of my umbrella on the door. I then made a face, which included a smile (clowns smile or frown: always one-or-the-other). Amelia saw me and laughed, because that's what clowniness makes you do. Also, it wasn't raining that day, so it was like a prop, this umbrella, and clowns love props.



I also saw lots of poor driving, as if there were 8 clowns in the car: all harmless. Lots of turning left from the center lane: eh, who cares. My magnamanity regarding other people's various shortcomings is really touching, I think. It's the sort of thing you could totally praise me for, basically non-stop.
And you can also praise me for the bounty of my blog, which is about to increase a fair bit. My time zone is now "summertime". So you will get a more-frequently logged blog. In fact, just in the last week or so, here are some topics, mixes, etc., that I have thought about generating.

Gary Numan: "Are Cars Electric?"

Putting pickles in salads : Good but intense (identical to me in this regard). Strictly, they were cornichons, 'cos I'm quality, but cornichons are just glorified, if glorious, pickles.

Maybe something about PJ Harvey, since she has a new album and will tour in Philly soon. June 7th (??...Tix as Birfday Gif...??)

A blog about blog-driven connections, including the world's oldest pharmancy, paintings and mom-as-muse(-maybe?). Oh, what's the connection? You Will Have To Tune In To See!!


Mixes:
"You can't even DRIVE yet!"

This would be drawn from CDs I've owned forever that are still classics -They can't just be old (I must have bought them long ago too), or obvious gems, like say Neil Young. They have to be something you might care, or need to, learn about. Aphex Twin-, Stone Roses-type things.

Underrated Albums or Bands; can we call this one "Slept On"? Elegant, innit?

More versions of "Shower Jamz!", which Kyle liked (Cf. Previous Post)

"Talky No Singy": songs where the singing is more talking than singing. No, not rap, ya goof. So far I'm considering Billy Bragg, this Pretenders song, Lou Rawls, maybe Sonic Youth (because they do this, but are they really that great?: jury's out man), Suicide, Jonathan Richaman's "Monlogue about Bermuda", which I talk about with regularity. Arab Strap too, natch.
Suggestions welcome for any of these, by the by.

5 comments:

Doctor J said...

Clowns creep me out... but I loved, loved, LOVED Shower Jamz.

Looking forward to the 28-car pile-up of awesomeness to come on this here blogspossier.

christophresh said...

Glad you liked it too... that's consistent with the feedback I've gotten thus far.
Shower Jamz! is really an all-pleaser. Sort of like that mix I sent you back a ways, "Pretty Pretty Songs" (not the grandest title, I know).
I've been meaning to post that for all; spread the love. Maybe that'll be the next mix, since it is already complete and everything.

pinchefresco said...

I really liked Shower Jamz too.

Maybe we should take each other to see Polly Jean for our birthdays.

REMOYS

Bangs said...

I always thought PJ Harvey was a boy?

Wrong.
HERSENS.

christophresh said...

Biirth-daaaaate!
I thought you could just smoke weed in Cali these days.
The San Fran Mayor is trying to tax cigarette smokers, to offset the costs of cleaning up cigarette butts in city parks. Oh, but he is really doing it just to make people cut down on smoking.

This is how goofball our world is these days:
Taxes aren't even about getting money anymore!; they're about modifying people's behavior.

(FOUCAULT is right about everything: it's called biopower man. The goverment uses small little harmless techniques to modify the resource that is your biological life, for their benefit.. LESSON OVER)