6.17.2010

I Ain't Square; I Just Like To Share

I'm your Sponsor; I Buy-Buy-buy (records).
Charlie and I went to Slought Foundation. Both of us, not to put words in his mouth, were underwhelmed by the exhibit that we went to see. But both were 'whelmed' by the other exhibit, archival footage from '60s of teachers/students in the British education system. Sounds boring; my apologies- to split the difference,
here are some exciting records that I bought while we were in West Philly.


The Stylistics: Pieces

And what did I buy this time?.....

Isaac Hayes Live at the Sahara Tahoe. Cover has cutout folds; they open like the doors of the theater; opening, of course, onto a picture of Isaac Hayes on stage.




Better still, inside, is this spread.


(Sidenote- one really nice thing about being a little sick, is all the soup and tea you get to consume. Not generally a big fan of Minestrone soup, but I am killing a bowl of it right now at the cafe.)

Eric "Slowhand" Clapton: On White/ Something I might could maybe try to sell.

White vinyl; 'Cocaine' and other big songs on there; promo/DJ/radio copy, so maybe 'rare'.

Vicki Sue Robinson 12". Still sealed, which, normally, who fucking cares. But... used copies of this 12" sell for around $10-$40 online, although I'm not entirely sure (is this a reissue, explaining why it is sealed? etc). I don't particularly want to get into the hustle of selling/swapping records, but eventually... it probably will have to happen.
If I do start selling records, I will take the title of this blog for a motto... "I Ain't Square, I Just Like To Share".
Vicki Sue Robinson is well known for "Turn The Beat Around".

Stevie Wonder Presents Syreeta. Not that impressive.
More fun is Jay Z's recent line, at a show, that his mother was going to be so proud of him, because Steive Wonder was sticking around some festival, just to hear Jay Z's set.

The Stylistics: Round 2. Great Album Cover.

Perhaps only one song that I really like on it though; that is the song to which you've been listening.

I've already written the second half of this blog- check out this space on Monday for the continuation...

No comments: