6.03.2010

Suicide, By Machete- I Are The One

Oh, some art things are coming up that are total musts.


Klute- We R The Ones (Remix). Relased on the stellar Commercial Suicide label. You'll see why I chose this in a sec.

Slought Foundation is doing this project where they are displaying all these mysterious objects. At one time, they were part of a sort of foreign travel/foreign commerce edutainment thing at this old 'Commercial Museum'. The Commercial Museum, for various reasons, got phased out.... committed suicide, you might say....
but they were in possession of all these random artifacts. So Slought is displaying them.

They're foreign.
Old.
and WTF-y.
Somewhat like this:

Or like the book I have of Chinese paintings of the Life of Christ.

Read more about the exhibit at Slought; there is much more to it then I am saying here.

Did I mention that you can borrow some of the pieces?
Do you realize how much more awesome inexplicable artifacts I could add to my house with this deal?

So let's go to that soon, yeah? We only have until June 12th.

Also, we are already going to Marginal Utility's First Friday. Marginal Utility also puts out the Machete zine/periodical/provocation.


And, Vox Populi is in the same building as Marginal Utility, so we all slip from one floor to the other throughout the eve. Always a good time; I'll see you there.

No comments: