6.03.2010

I Fought the Road- and the Road Won

One more from the Summer mix... more mixes in the pipeline too. Going to make one about girls, one very disco-y, and one about my birthday.

The mix re: my birthday may involve songs about bikes, since I fell off my bike while riding to get my birthday presents.
Falling = fighting the road and losing
Damage = minimal cos I'm tuff

(That is my arm- look at my Popeye-ass forearms. What can I say- I invented muscle!)
Presents = DVD player and new CD/DVD burner for computer
-- {both stopped working months ago- I was utterly without lazerz in my house : laserless}
-- {but no longer: thanks Mom and Dad!}

Bobby Fuller Four: "I Fought The Law"

( Various versions can be found here )



Here is the original version of Bobby Fuller Four's "I Fought The Law". Well, theirs is the original; this is a sweeeeeeet live version.
Except on old TV, so, probably not really even live. I dunno; old stuff is fun, but confusing, yeah?
One of the Four is sitting on a (prison-style) bunk bed; there is a woman in a cell, but dancing; the warden eventually starts dancing; etc etcet etcetera...

Oh, and you probably want to see my wound again:


You know the expression "Zounds!" (it is used much like "Gadzooks!")?
It's short for "God's Wounds"; lotsa expressions are just not-really swearing substitutions for for-real curses. I mean, even 'curse' is the word for bad words, because heathens used to invoke their gods in order to destroy their enemies. You used to curse when you wanted someone destroyed, essentially.

When you wanted them smote with holy hellfire, justly turned to dust.

And that reminds me- a girl stepped out in front of me on this fateful bike ride
(on purpose)
(before I fell)
and then when I said "YO!"
(honestly said just that)
because I nearly hit her
(but didn't - I'm a real aware rider, okay? My control is super-right)
she then replied, "You on a bike, Bitch!"
(which can be interpreted in various ways)
-- {as, 'you are a little bitch because you are on a bicycle- what are you, ten?'}
-- {or as, 'I can step out in front of you, because, Rock Paper Scissors style, walker beats biker')

So I think she cursed me. I sure the hell cursed afterwards.

One for the Road (heh) : Live (really live) Clash version too:

No comments: